it simply: Governor pressure strokes the shift valves. Just like 350s, 400s, Powerglides, C-4s… all those oldies from 20-or-more years ago. If a 42-47RE transmission doesn't shift properly from first through third gears, your first check is always gover-nor pressure. Governor pressure should be zero at a stop, and rise about one
Smith chart graph
- The governor determines what speed the transmission shifts (shift timing). Throttle valve pressure is controlled by a cable that connects to the throttle cam at the throttle body. There is no vacuum modulator on the AOD. The TV pressure is used to delay shifting, increase line pressure, and cause kick downs.
- Click to get the latest Buzzing content. Take A Sneak Peak At The Movies Coming Out This Week (8/12) Liam Payne defends Harry Styles against fashion critics
Mike, they've had problems with the governor pressure solenoid and sensor on those, but you would still need to find a shop to test it or replace it. If there are a lot of miles on it, and you have not serviced the transmission regularly, it may be going out. You didn't mention if you've ever done a trans oil and filter change on it.
- In this video I will be working on a Dodge Ram 1500 that has an Automatic transmission that won't shift past 1st gear, it has a check engine light and the code is P1756 (Governor Pressure Not Equal to Target at 1520 PSI).
Jun 05, 2019 · A malfunctioning governor could also cause this. 1994 could be either the hydraulic (46RH) or electronic (46RE) governor transmission. #3 ImperialCrown , May 4, 2019
- Upper Valve Body • 46RE Upper Valve Body Descriptions I.D. No. Description 101 2-3 Shift Valve 102 2-3 Throttle Valve Plug 103 Limit Valve 104 1-2 Shift Valve 105 1-2 Shift Control Valve 106 Lockup Boost Valve 107 Throttle Pressure Valve (inboard), Line Pressure Plug & Sleeve (outboard) 108 4-Spool Switch Valve 109 Pressure Regulator Valve 110
RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.
- Governor Pressure Sensor (96 to 99) - our part # 12415B. Transducer (2000 Up) - our part # 12415C ... Technical Manual 46RE / 47RE / 48RE. Mfg Retail: $69.95. Cost From Us: $50.00. ... I have installed gov. pressure sensor and gov. solenoid on multiple trucks and I am still amazed on how well these change the way the truck shifts. I tell all my ...
Governor pressure solenoid or sensor (transducer). Output speed sensor - May get stuck in gear, won't shift gears. Accumulator spring - Issues shifting from 3-4. Boost valve spring retainer - can break, leading to the boost valve and spring to come out of position.
- This is a 911 emergency response forum. This discussion area is for getting assistance when you are broke down along side the highway. The family members of Mopar1973Man.Com monitor this forum and will attempt to aid you with your emergency with your vehicle.
When a high-pressure valve body is installed in a truck, the higher governor pressure is detected by the computer and the transmission is put into limp mode to "protect it". Limp mode causes your truck to start out in 3rd gear and not upshift or lock up the torque converter."
- У різних районах Хмельницької області цьогоріч реконструювали, капітально відремонтували та збудували з нуля 4 стадіони, 3 спортивні майданчики та одну спортивну залу.
Common Transmission Slipping Symptoms That You Should Not Ignore. Although a problematic transmission is a common issue, finding the exact cause and resolving the problem is rather tricky. There are a couple of common symptoms that plague the transmission system, knowing which can help save a lot of time and money.